Ref #: H/O-ST
Department: Information Technology
The Service Desk Technician’s role is to ensure the customers of IT receive prompt attention to their requests for IT service with short term and long term solutions that enable them to accomplish their business tasks. This includes receiving, classifying, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user requests. Problem resolution will involve the use of diagnostic and tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help and remote service. This will be accomplished by following IT policies, processes, with effective communication and documentation. Must be availalbe for day/afternoon and night shifts.
- Field incoming service requests from end users.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule your work. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
“We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.”