Construction and Insurance Coordinator
We’re Canada’s favourite pizza chain for a lot of reasons, but the most important one is our people. Before that box ever arrives at your door, a diverse team of talented people make it happen, from the head office to the kitchen counter.
We are looking for a Construction and insurance coordinator, who has experience managing projects, budgets, communicating with stakeholders and some accounting functions. This person will be responsible for communicating and collecting on final budgets for construction projects, and managing property & customer insurance claims. This position partners closely with the Construction, Franchising and Real Estate teams.
• Manage the communication of final budgets and collect payment from franchisees on new builds and renovations.
• Coordinate the budget tracking and invoicing process on construction projects to ensure timely and effective completion of final costings and invoices required for third-party financing, or collection from Franchisees
• Reviewing budgets and final invoices with the Construction Project Manager to identify billing errors and ensure accuracy.
• Manage the WIP construction account, ensuring PPL has collected all possible funds for the current stage of construction.
• Provide support in compiling documentation and investigating escalated collection issues on new builds and renovation.
• Is the subject matter expert for PPL Franchisee facing insurance, communicates changes, answers questions, manages claims, and makes proactive suggestions for improvements.
• Main point of contact for property insurance & customer claims, manage each claim to minimize losses and down-time
• Responsible for recovering the maximum possible on property damage claims, whether from the insurer or via subrogation.
• Receives, reviews and approves all invoices to franchisees renovation funds, weekly statements, etc., based on direction from Franchising and Finance. Consults with Franchising for clarity around accounts and changeover dates,
• Researches and ensures compliance with tax requirements and issues province to province
• Support long term Development team goals and scalability, identify roadblocks and propose solutions
• Other items assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience with construction budgeting, or project budgeting
• Project management experience, or diploma is an asset
• Accounting background is an asset
• Advanced organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
• French/English Bilingual is an asset
We thank all applications for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Pizza Pizza Limited, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know.