Ref #: Accounts Payable Team Member
Position Overview: This successful candidate is a true team player and will be responsible for accurate invoice processing and recordkeeping. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical and communication skills plus, possess leadership qualities to enable future career advancement. Our accounts payable environment is electronically based, with scanned invoices and online purchase order matching. The corporate environment is professional but casual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all payable’s relating to assigned portfolio;
- Respond to vendor inquiries in a timely and positive manner;
- Process invoices and requisitions;
- Coding, entering and scanning payable’s into our J D Edwards accounting system;
- Reconcile accounts when necessary;
- Responsible for filing, archiving and retrieving all paid files and provide photocopies of all necessary invoices, as required by others and special projects (i.e. Audits);
- Liaison with other departments;
- Look for ways to improve day- to-day processes used in the accounts payable area;
- Perform special assignments as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Accounts Payable experience of more than 3 years
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- JD Edwards Enterprise One experience would be an asset
- Experience with invoice automation is preferred. (Bottomline Transform AP for Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Effective communication, investigation, and problem solving skills
- Proactive and ability to work independently, escalating issues when appropriate
- Ability to deal with individuals at all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment, often with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables
- Capacity to deal with large volume of invoices and payments
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and openness to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
We would like to thank all candidates who apply for this position, however only those under consideration will be contacted. As part of our accessibility commitment, should you be selected for an interview, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.